Tuesday 11 November 2014

Crafty: Sew Liberated - Esme


I have again been rubbish at uploading my finished projects. I have a stack of them to do - but I'll space them out, now that I know how to schedule posts and use buffer

This is the Esme top from Sew Liberated, when I first saw the patter I fell in love with the tunic look. Something that you can just pull on and get on with your day, so easy to wear. I made a few alterations to the pattern - rolled sleeves and a tie at the back, although I will definitely be making one as the pattern dictates. 


The fabric is a cotton chambray (sorry for the un-ironedness). I think the next one will be a darker colour so as to avoid the "double denim" look when wearing with jeans, I definitely can't pull that off!


I used a scrap of an Amy Butler off-cut I have had for ages for the facings and inside of the bib. I also got to try out the overlocking stitch on my new machine for the first time, far more excitement than was needed!


The pattern instructions were easy to follow, although I need get a little confused when doing the bib but that may have been due to caffeine deprivation. After topping up on tea and looking at the handy video tutorial provided on the Sew Liberated website it worked out fine. The sizing came out bigger than I expected so next time I will be going down a size. But I would recommend the pattern to anyone wanting a quick sew and easy to wear tunic style top. 

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment