Friday 25 July 2014

Crafty: Deer and Doe - Pavot Jacket

I have been busy. Since I broke up for the summer I have been frantically sewing trying to make up for the lack of craftiness during the exam period.


The first make was the Deer and Doe Pavot Jacket. I saw this pattern online back in November (!!) and fell in love with it. Since then I had been searching for the perfect fabric - the vision I had was for a brown tweed but soon discovered that tweed was way out of my price range (£20pm!). I settled for a navy cotton twill instead with a red liberty print for the pockets.


Until I manage to work out a way to take a flattering picture of myself wearing these hanger photos will have to do. Tips welcome!


I decided to line the underside of the collar with a raspberry coloured felt and I think it turned out pretty well. I just love the poka dot bias binding!



Argh! Liberty print!


The pattern and instructions were wonderful to use. Any keen sewers out there I definitely recommend it!

Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment